Monday, June 7, 2010

jungle to concrete jungle.

well i'm back. leaving was not easy, i basically lost it my last night...it was hard to leave behind my life there, the way of life, the friends i had.

so here i am and there have been some funny adjustments...
1. i keep speaking to people in spanish
2. i clean off my feet expecting sand when i climb into bed
3. i keep looking at people on the street expecting to know them like i know or atleast recognize them
4. my instinct is to hide my computer when i leave
5. figuring out what to wear or where my clothes are is almost impossible
6. little things like grocery shopping make me terribly miss costa rica
7. everything seems extremely expensive
8. i'm kinda freaked out by the amount of stuff i still have in this apartment, summer cleaning begins again
9. i'm still throwing my TP in the garbage (no system in CR) - tmi? ;)
10. hot water, it's really hot.

but i am loving...
1. seeing my favorite people and their babies
2. my sheets and comforter
3. bloody marys, vino and dark beers
4. thai food
5. heading home to see the rents
6. full length mirrors, it's been 4 months without one (maybe that's how i got dressed so quick?)

2 comments:

  1. I know one baby and mama who love seeing you. Te amo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!!..omg girl I can totally relate to your list!!! especially the part about all the stuff in your apartment and getting dressed - having all my clothes again to chose from seems so overwhelming and then I wonder 'why do I have all this stuff' LOL!!! I really want to come out to NY this winter....hopefully I can pull it off. Miss ya much and am glad you made it home safe!!! much love - Jenn Bates

    ReplyDelete