Thursday, May 27, 2010

overheard in costa rica

people say some interesting things here that kinda of help sum it all up. there are a million but here are some of my favorites (and the ones i could remember):

"i can't remember the last time i didn't drink before 7pm." - kristen, friend & yoga instructor

"montezuma is a special place that god set aside" - esteban, tico who visits from san jose once a year

"it's the jing and jang of life, ya know?" - juan lewis, restaurant owner in town

"your circle and my circle can not touch." - lori "but our circles touch in a nice way" - lucas

"retire as soon as you can" - doc, 60+ neighbor who spends 6 months here every year

"definitely does not exist here" - stephanie, friend

"i lived in new york for 3 years...i ended my life, then came here." - chad, good vibrations bar owner

"there was a scorpion in the chalk tray, 4 crabs in the classroom and a beetle that dive bombed me til it died" - jamie, friend & english teacher for adults

"this is the hammock chapter of my life" - joe, friend, neighbor and chef

"my first name is i like you, my last name is i love you" - michael to amy at good vibrations



1 comment: