Sunday, May 16, 2010

un accidente: an accident

well, i think i have been officially hazed by costa rica because this friday i got in my first and hopefully last quad accident. quads are basically open 4-wheelers that people drive all over this area.

we had too many people on and i was holding on in the back when we hit a pot hole that was large enough to kick me off. i fell off and rolled down a hill. i was scared, mostly that someone coming up behind would not see me and hit me.

i wwas very, very lucky that my injuries were basic road rash over almost 50% of me, some serious bruises and a lot of pain. my friends are awesome and came over with ice, food, some vino and pain meds to help with the pain of the cleaning of my cuts. hydrogen peroxide can suck it but much love to the friends, especially to amanda and kristen.

since then i've been a walking target of "what happened to you?" and once i tell my story it seems like everyone here has their own story too. i guess it's a part of life here and if i had to experience it, i'm extremely grateful i did and walked away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's scary! Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trin! Do any of the bruises match what you got snowboarding? xo

    ReplyDelete