Wednesday, May 26, 2010

rain: lluvia

i've wrote about the rain before but the last few days have been something unusual for this time of year...typically the rain comes and shows you what it's got at night with thunder and lighting and wraps up in about 3-4 hours. but i've gone to bed to rain and woke up to rain for the last 2+ days. it kinda of feels like a snow day...the surfers couldn't surf because all the recent rain is messing with the waves, there's nowhere to go so everyone was just kind of stuck.

at night, i try to manage a run in the light rain and head home with grand plans of going out to see friends. but the rain seems to get stronger, and stronger as the night goes on. i wish i could describe this rain but it's let's just say it's impressive. it was so loud on the my roof that i couldn't even hear the movie i was trying to watch with speakers or headphones. sometimes i even find myself talking to it, "come on already" "just give me a 10 minute break please" "how much water do you have up there?". on monday night, i attempted to get out and put on the poncho that jamie was so awesome to bring me back from the states, walked about 20 feet out of my apartment and right back. i'm a pretty determined girl but this rain showed me up. so back to cabina i went, shut off the fan, put on a hoodie and leggings (that's a first) and attempted to watch another movie with my speaker pressed against my ear. i think they call this bed rest. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment