Wednesday, April 21, 2010

i smile when...

i haven't been sleeping that well at night, so instead of letting my mind race with stressful thoughts (like i do in NYC) i decided to think of things that make me happy here...

i smile when:

  • the tajalin crabs litter the roads
  • the locals smile back at me cause they recognize me
  • i look out my window and see mango and avocado trees
  • i play shuffleboard with jamie and the boys
  • i take a run on the beach at sunset
  • i realize i haven't seen myself in a full size mirror in almost 3 months
  • i ride my bike and cut down a beach road to check out the waves
  • jose (aka Golden God) attempts to enter Good Vibrations bar bareback on a horse he found on the street
  • the ticos call me guapa
  • i pick up clean clothes
  • i see a surfer (on and off the waves) :)
  • i watch amazingly happy families living here with their bare-butt kids playing in the surf
  • i rock my tiny bikini without a self conscious thought
  • i cut into a tomato and it's ripe
  • i notice that i've downed a complete bottle of Off in about 2 weeks and it's not even that buggy yet
  • i see the surfboard in my apartment
  • a gecko runs across my kitchen counter
  • i can get out another sentence in spanish
  • it's time for reggae night
  • i wake up with a day full of possibilities or laziness
  • i'm not totally freaked out by a scorpion sighting
  • i nap on the beach and wake to high tide
  • i see the well-used status of my feet and toenails
  • i think how grateful i am to smile this much :)


No comments:

Post a Comment