Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a partir o quedarse: to stay or leave

i'm debating staying in costa rica until the end of may, one extra month. my mom told me that for any decision a pro/con list can help us indecisive libras. here it is! thoughts?

pros:
  • it's costa rica - pura vida
  • i love May because the country turns so lush from the rain
  • i have a few options for housing, both i love
  • i have a good lead on a job as a receptionist at a hotel (see note): http://www.theplacemalpais.com/
  • my mom could maybe visit
  • i don't feel like i'm done yet
  • you only live once
cons:
  • May also brings the bugs and rain
  • i've have to pay rent here and at home (BIG con) - any takers on a BK apt?
  • my parents might kill me
  • i have to make a border run because it will be over 3 months
  • i'm not 100% sure i can pull this off financially

note: i haven't really been interested in jobs to date because they typically pay so little, i.e. some of my friends work 6 days week, almost 40 hours a week, for just over $2 an hour, yep $2 an hour. maybe this would pay more? and give me a better sense of living here?

2 comments:

  1. I can help try to find a subletter for your apt, if you want? I say STAY... I miss you much, but you may not have this opportunity again with this sort of freedom to make this decision. What does your heart say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay, stay, stay. my bank account says get your butt home. ;) miss you too chica! and yes, please spread the word! xoxo

    ReplyDelete