Tuesday, April 13, 2010

la oscuridad: the darkness

well the rainy season kick off tonight with a huge rain storm that lasted more than 2 hours...and this a rain that will drench you in about 30 seconds, something i haven't seen since my last trip. plus there was lightening and thunder which meant power was out. all my fellow apartment peeps are gone so that meant me in pure darkness, a kind of dark you don't often see...the only light was the moon, lightening and the random flashlight or headlights passing by.

so i kinda freaked out for a bit but found one of my flashlights (thanks sarah) and went to the corner of the balcony and watched the storm for about an hour. it was pretty cool, the rain against the metal roof, the lightening moving over me with nothing else to do but just watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment